Monday, July 12, 2010

Apartment Therapy Discusses Water Features

Apartment Therapy (AT) posts today about water fountains:
A few years ago I was in California and blown away by all the beautiful garden fountains that I saw. So I put together a little roundup post of all the places I could find that I could dream about going to one day to buy a fountain for our own home. Two years later, I still don't have one, but I'm getting closer and my shopper's eye has grown sharper. Here's my latest update with rich collection of sources. Enjoy!
We two have looked longingly at water features for our backyard and checked prices and the sounds they make. We didn't want something too romantic looking with cherubs and it had to be a little rustic to fit with our home. Glancing through the pictures at AT, I noticed that I could be green and have a water feature. Someone has married solar energy to water fountains!

Silicon Solar Inc. has a number of examples:


Hartford Solar Cascading Fountain


Solar Tri-cycle Fountain

And our favorite, but it's only 14 inches high:


4 Tier Granite Solar Fountain

Who do you know in Portland has water features and can they be solar powered?

Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design gallery
Become Our Fan on Facebook

No comments: